I finally started work on a long term goal of making alternative process prints at home. I decided to start with basic cyanotypes because the chemistry process is really easy to mix at home and the chemicals are for the most part not very toxic. I’ve long overlooked cyanotypes mostly because I’m honestly not a huge fan of the bright blue colors typically associated with a cyanotypes so I got around that particular problem by toning the print in black tea.
For a first attempt I’m pretty happy with the final results even though this is a pretty piss poor scan. I learned a lot after just one session and know a lot of changes I want to make for the next session which will probably be this weekend. This particular print only measures about 6 inches by 9 inches and eventually I want to get up to printing 11 inches by 14 inches.
Stay tuned for more of these prints in the future!